Search This Blog!!

Thursday 14 January 2010

Kit ordered

So now that we are close to finishing up with the saab, I ordered the kit itself last week, as we should have got rid of the snow and therefore finished the saab before the kit is ready for us.

I've gone for the Zero plus kit, in orange. I asked GBS to remove the wheels from the kit and knock off the price of them, which they were happy to do. I was not especially taken with the look of the standard wheels they offer, so hopefully i should be able to find something better at a comparable price.

I did go for two other options on top though, the GRP rear wheel arches (£80) and powder coating the chassis (£280). The plastic rear wheel arches look a bit more modern and will be a lot easier to put on than bending metal sheets into an arch. Powder coating the chassis will give a much more professional paint job than if I painted it myself, and should save us quite a bit of time.

The kit should be ready for me to go and pick it up around mid feb, will have to hire a long wheel base transit van for the day to get all the parts.

Unfortunately from the car point of view (good news from my point of view!) I'm going skiing for a week now, so that pretty much takes out the next two weekends. So the saab engine is not likely to be out of the car until the last weekend of Jan now. We have been getting on with some other prep work and planning tho in the warm out of the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment